RESNET Designates New Energy Smart Builders
An increasing number of builders are taking advantage of the marketing power of the RESNET HERS Index Score. Recently builders from South Carolina to Colorado have entered into Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with RESNET to commit to having their homes energy rated by a certified RESNET HERS Rater and marketing the HERS Index Score of their homes.
Congratulations to Utah’s current New Energy Smart Builder:
- Daybreak Community/ Kennecott Land_Rio Tinto
- Garbett Homes
- High Performance Homes of Utah
- SunRiver St. George
These and other RESNET Energy Smart Builders are committed to increasing the energy performance of the homes they build. HERS energy efficient homes are more affordable to maintain, more comfortable and have a higher value compared to regular homes. The efforts of these leading builders benefit consumers, the environment, the local economy and our national security.
In making the commitment these builders have been designated by RESNET as RESNET Energy Smart Builders. RESNET Energy Smart Builders are leading the transformation of the housing market towards high energy performance homes. These leading builders are committed to having all of their homes energy rated following RESNETs stringent standards and marketing the HERS Index of their homes.
The RESNET HERS Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. The HERS or Home Energy Rating System was developed by RESNET and is the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance. Certified RESNET Home Energy Raters conduct inspections to verify a home’s energy performance and determine what improvements can be made to increase it. The use of the HERS Index differentiates homes built by RESNET EnergySmart Builders from other homes for sale in the market. Over 1.5 million homes have been rated on the HERS Index since 1995.
Benefits of Becoming a RESNET EnergySmart Builder?
- Representation on the RESNET Board of Directors (RESNET Energy Smart Builders have three representatives on the RESNET Board. The representatives are elected by the RESNET Energy Smart Builder members.)
- Representation at the national level to Congress on issues such as energy efficient home tax credits and code jurisdictions incorporating a HERS Index Score option in the building energy code.
- Posting on the RESNET web site and the RESNET Home Energy Rating Index Score web sites. The RESNET web site has over 37,000 visitors a month.
- Authorization of the RESNET Energy Smart Builder logo on its web site and other marketing material.
How to Become a RESNET Energy Smart Builder
To be designated by RESNET as an Energy Smart Builder, a builder enters into a Memorandum of Understanding with RESNET to have all of their homes energy rated and to market the homes’ HERS Index Score. There is a $200.00 processing fee to be designated as a RESNET Energy Smart Builder.
RESNET is interested in entering into similar agreements with other Utah builders. Click on the online RESNET Energy Smart Builder Memorandum of Understanding to apply to be designated as a RESNET Energy Smart Builder.