Effective Date: December 2017
Job Title: Residential Home Energy Rater Apprentice
Compensation: Hourly Salary (based upon experience)
Under the general direction and supervision of the HERS Coordinator, the Residential Home Energy Rater Apprentice is responsible for implementing the following stated objectives and duties as well as other duties as assigned:
- General Job Objectives:
The ERHU Residential Home Energy Rater Apprentice is a p/t position (~20-25 hours/week) and is responsible to provide on-site (in the field) assistance and support to the HERS Coordinator during all testing, inspections, and quality assurance visitations on new and existing dwellings in the state of Utah.
- Assist in performing Home Energy Performance Measurements (i.e. Energy Audits, Blower Door/Infiltration testing, Pressure Pan Diagnoses, Duct leakage testing, etc.) on residential dwellings (new construction & existing homes). This requires a physically fit person able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Assist in the education and training of Residential Building Contractors (and/or their crews/subcontractors) on the benefits associated with the RESNET HERS Index, the EPA Energy Star New Homes Program, and various other energy efficient building practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At the onset of hiring for this p/t position (employee is expected to work an average of 20-25 hours/week) it will be classified as a temporary position (at a maximum) for the first forty-five (45) days of employment. Compensation will be a set hourly rate of $11.00-12.50/hour depending upon existing experiences and skills of applicant.
- After the initial period of employment, (and at the discretion of the employee & the Coalition) the Coalition may offer the employee the opportunity to train, test, and certify as a nationally recognized HERS Rater. There will be no additional cost(s) to the employee for any of this training. Upon the successful passing of the RESNET Home Energy Rater test the employee will be eligible for a one-time bonus of $300.00.
- Mileage for use of a personal vehicle will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.445 per mile for documented mileage reported on the employee’s timesheet up to a maximum of 500 miles in a given month.
- At the conclusion of the initial 45 day employment period, the employee will be classified as a permanent employee of the Coalition with the opportunity for the compensation rate to be renegotiated with the Executive Director of the Coalition.
- As this position is considered an Apprentice position; after the initial period of employment, and at the discretion of the employee & the Coalition the Coalition may offer the employee the opportunity to train, test, and certify as a nationally recognized HERS Rater.
- As this position is a p/t position, the Coalition is willing to work (within reason) with the employee on the scheduling of work times in order to fit in with various other obligations that may be currently present (such as schooling, family, church, or such).
NOTE: The Coalition will NOT accept any unsolicited resume without a completed UECC Job Application which can be obtained via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).