Solar power. No roof required.
Reservations are now available for Rocky Mountain’s Subscriber Solar program, which allows customers to subscribe to some or all of their energy from the power of the sun. Giving customers another choice to use solar power even if they cannot afford private solar panels or do not want them on their home.
- Rocky Mountain Power has purchased the output of a 20-megawatt solar plant in Millard County, Utah.
- Reserve blocks of 200-kilowatt-hours (kwh), which will offset usage on energy bills.
- Keep your subscription for up to 20 years. If you move to another site in Utah served by Rocky Mountain Power, your solar blocks go with you.
- Billing for the program will begin in January 2017. Once billing begins, customers have 30 days to cancel blocks to avoid a $50 cancellation fee per block. Cancelation fees are waived if you keep your subscription for at least three years.
- In some cases, customers may pay less in summer months if their usage exceeds 1,000 kwh per month.
- Rocky Mountain Power does not profit from the Subscriber Solar program.
Reserve solar blocks below or by calling 1-844-813-3971. You’ll need your account number to complete the reservation process. Reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis. Or you can Reserve blocks here.