Rating Field Inspector candidates will no longer be required to pass a written examination to become a certified RESNET Rating Field Inspector (RFI).
July 1, 2015 is the implementation date for the new RESNET RFI testing and certification standard (Advisory Version 188.8.131.52) which requires the use of the RESNET JobWerks Tool for mentoring and testing RFI candidates.
A HERS Rater or RESNET Quality Assurance Designee (QAD) will be able to mentor the RFI candidate using the RESNET JobWerks Mentoring Tool.
After successfully completing the five (5) required (mentored) probationary ratings or mentoring, a QAD or RESNET Rater Trainer can administer the RESNET JobWerks Test. When the RFI candidate passes the RESNET JobWerks test and the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) Simulation Test, he or she will be issued a RFIIN number and be a certified RESNET Rating Field Inspector.
Steps to implementation are the following:
- The HERS Rater or a RESNET Quality Assurance Designee (QAD) acquires the license for RESNET Rating Field Inspector JobWerks Mentoring tool for one year per candidate from Organic Think. Go to www.jobwerks.com.
The cost is $250.00 per candidate per year.
–iOS devices running iOS 7.1 or higher
–Mac running OS X 10.7 or higher
–Minimum CPU – Intel-based Mac RAM: 2 GB
–Recommended CPU – Intel-based Mac RAM: 4 GB
–PC running Windows 7 or higher
–Minimum CPU – Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or newer RAM: 1 GB
–Recommended CPU – Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or newer RAM: 2 GB
–750 MG of available hard drive space
- Either a HERS Rater or QAD mentors the candidate through five probationary inspections on the RFI JobWerks mentoring tool.
Successful completion of JobWerks Combustion Safety tasks fulfills the requirement for Combustion Appliance Safety field training.
- A Rater Trainer or QAD acquires the license for the RESNET Rating Field Inspector Graded Field Evaluation tool for one year per candidate. Cost is $50.00 per candidate per year.
- All required RFI tasks within JobWerks (100%) must be successfully completed in one exam period for the Graded Field Evaluation. If a candidate fails the graded field examination they will have 90 days to retake the sections of the Evaluation that were incorrect or will be required to retake the entire Graded Field Evaluation.
- Notice of successful completion of the JobWerks mentoring and graded field evaluation will be sent to the candidate, Rater Quality Assurance Provider and RESNET.
- When the RFI candidate completes this process and passes the CAZ Simulation Test, RESNET will enter the data into the National RESNET Registry for assigning the RFIIN number.
- The Rater Quality Assurance Provider then adds the certified RESNET RFI to the Providership in the National RESNET Registry.
RESNET is excited to begin this new and more rational approach to certifying RFI candidates. As with any new system there will be bugs, please help us by contacting